Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Black & White Beauty

The December 2008 issue of Veranda Magazine features the home of designer Renea Abbott. She shows a strict adherence to a black/white/gray/cream color theme. The high contrast results are absolutely stunning. I would love to do this in my own home, yet I know that I lack the discipline to pull it off to this degree. I'd be sneaking in color somewhere.
If you want a dramatic home, this is inspiration for you. But do remember that the drama is all in the unwavering discipline of the application. Your color scheme doesn't have to be black, and white, but it does need to have contrast and it must be as disciplined and purposeful as Abbott shows us here. Varying from the strict color scheme would start to diminish the drama. I hope you find this as inspiring as I do.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails