Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pecan Pie Cookie Recipe

I don't usually include recipes on the Beautiful Habitat Blog. However, this is my very favorite holiday recipe and is much requested by family and friends. I felt the best way to share with everyone was right here. If you like it, recipes just may find their way onto the blog more often.
These have long been made by my grandma and mom for the holidays and have been my favorite cookie for as long as I can remember. I hope you and your family enjoy them as much as we always have!

Pecan Pie Cookies

CookieDough
1C butter, softened
1/2C white sugar
1/2C dark corn syrup
2 egg yokes (retain the whites)
2-1/2 to 3 C flour (I need 3 cups in Denver's altitude, but less may be needed elsewhere)

Cream butter and sugar together on low.
Add syrup and egg yokes and beat until well blended.
Stir in flour gradually.
Chill at least 30 minutes.


Pecan Pie Filling
1/2C powdered sugar
1/4C butter
3T dark corn syrup
1/2C pecans, coarsely chopped

Combine butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan over low heat.
Stir occasionally until it reaches a full boil.
Remove from heat and stir in pecans.
Chill

Bake it
Preheat oven to 375
Grease cookie sheets
Beat egg whites
Roll 1T of dough into a ball, flatten slightly on the cookie sheet (degree of flattening required varies with altitude and flour).
Brush with egg whites.
Bake for 7-10 minutes, the dough should fluff, but not start to brown.
Remove dough from oven.
Roll 1t of filling into a ball.
Press the filling into the center of the cookie, making it look just like a mini pecan pie.
Return to the oven until dough lightly brown.
Cool on wire rack.

This recipe can be doubled - and usually is in our family. Enjoy!

I wish I had a photo to add, but the batch I made for my November book club are long gone. Guess I'll need to do another batch just for the photos...

Do you have a favorite holiday recipe? Share it!

Beautiful Habitat: Interior Design & Decoration www.beautifulhabitat.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are by far the BEST Christmas cookies ever!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails