Friday, July 30, 2010

French Antiques, Anyone?

As I mentioned in a previous post, Shopping the French Riviera , I was very blessed to start my summer with a trip to France. One of my favorite adventures of the trip was stumbling upon an Antique sale in Nice. Now, I know nothing about Antiques - NOTHING. I do know French design periods (as well as British and US styles and periods). However, I could not spot an original from a reproduction to an all out fake. The whole thing intimidates me. Now, if you do have any expertise with Antiques in any capacity, let's chat. I'd love to invite you to be a guest blogger and share this wonderful knowledge with us, laymen.
Despite my lack of antiquing knowledge, the sights at this market were wonderful. I have a special place in my heart for both Art Deco and Art Nouveau, both periods in which the French absolutely excelled. There were beautiful finds in both periods, as well as many others. Enjoy!



There were great lights from all periods. Here is a collection of Art Deco Lights. If only getting them home were easier, some of these would now be in my possession.

Provincial Pottery - yum!



Beautiful Sconces

I love this light. I would love to have this in my dining room. Granted, that would require a whole dining room makeover, but that's another blog post.

Old street lanterns - would look beautiful restored or as is and indoors or out. 

Art Nouveau Ceramics

And the shop dog - he's adorable.

I mean it, if you have some knowledge about Antiquing that you'd like to share, please email me. I'd love to learn from you and share with my readers.

Beautiful Habitat: Interior Design & Decoration www.beautifulhabitat.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails