Thursday, February 10, 2011

Inspiring Images - Egypt

It's been a while since I've had an Inspiring Images post. In case you haven't seen one before, they stem from my belief that inspiration for your home can be found anywhere. If you love a place, a culture, a food, a plant, a book or movie, piece of art, piece of music, a sport or hobby, etc - you can find creative ways to incorporate it into your interior spaces, without being a "theme".  For previous posts:  Beautiful Habitat: Inspiring Images

Given the recent headlines, I've had Egypt on my mind. I was very fortunate to have visited Egypt in 2007 and found plenty of sources of inspiration. I certainly hope that the Egyptian people can find a peaceful resolution to the recent unrest. When they do, I highly recommend a visit!

**Note: I've left in a few touristy shots, mostly so you can grasp the colossal scale of the ancient temples and monuments.
In Cairo: the bazaar

 The architecture


The Nile

The Sunsets
And, of course, the many temples of Ancient Egypt




** See the guard in the doorway above? Gives you an idea of the scale.



Beautiful Habitat: Interior Design & Decoration www.beautifulhabitat.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails