- Bamboo absorbs 4 times more carbon dioxide and produces 30-40% more oxygen than comparable trees.
- Bamboo grows on every continent except Antarctica and is tolerant up to 20 degrees below zero Fahrenheit.
- Bamboo is rapidly renewable and, unlike a tree, bamboo canes can be harvested multiple times without damaging the root system. Once cane is cut, new stalks sprout, will reach full growth in 6 months and will be harvested in 3-5 years.
- Bamboo is very strong because of the long fibers. Because of this strength, bamboo products tend to be lighter in weight than comparable wood products.
- Bamboo requires no more care than any other wood product.
- Bamboo is generally less expensive than traditional hardwood floors, but it falls in the medium price range for exotic woods when used in cabinetry and furniture.
- Bamboo is generally available in 3 color choices: natural, carbonized and caramelized. The latter two are darker and are achieved when bamboo is heated and the sugars burn.
Beautiful Habitat: Luxury Interior Design www.beautifulhabitat.com