Monday, June 21, 2010

Latest Obsession: Nail head Trim

I am currently obsessed with nail head trim, but not just any traditional old nail head. I have been captivated by creative designs, uses and even shapes and color of nail head trim. So much so that I will be using it very soon on my own DIY project - watch this space. In the meantime, I'll share my many sources of inspiration for this particular project.
My number one source of inspiration on creative use of nail heads is Shine Home. The furniture line is amazing and creative.
Moorea Bed
Manhattan Sofa
Humphrey Ottoman
Verona Chair
Florence Bed

 This photo has another take on nail heads - notice the turquoise heads on red fabric. This is the home of Designer and Showroom owner Dan Marty, featured in Western Interiors & Design Magazine (no longer in publication)

In the next three photos, the nail heads aren't necessarily applied in a unique way. However, I like the use of nail heads to accentuate an interesting shape or line in furniture.

From Global Views poof collection.

The Quatrefoil Headboard by Ballard Designs.
This chair is featured in an ad for Scalamandre Fabrics. I like the combination of nail head over a tape trim.

And finally - nail heads (and fabric) don't have to be limited to chairs and beds, but go beautifully on case goods, too. Designer Tobi Fairly brought in side tables with great nail head accent in this room. The room was featured in House Beautiful magazine and tables are by Jan Showers.

Stay tuned for my incorporation of this nail head inspiration into a few projects - coming soon!

Beautiful Habitat: Interior Design & Decoration www.beautifulhabitat.com

1 comment:

Jane @ The Borrowed Abode said...

That blue sofa is absolutely fantastic. I'm a huge fan of nailhead trim on otherwise modern-looking furniture. I think it lends a nice vintage feel.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails